In a depressed economy, survival is considered the win of the day. However, in some sectors – despite the macro-economic factors that the world faces at present – markets are seeing encouraging growth. In the Oil sector, PR Newswire reports that the Basil Essential Oil market is set to grow at a CAGR of 8.33% by 2026.
This raises the question; what are the uses and benefits of Basil Oil (Basil Essential Oil) and why is it in such demand?
Benefits and Uses of Basil Essential Oil
The Technavio Report that the PR Newswire article is based on considers the health benefits of Basil Essential Oil to be the greatest driver for growth.
This Oil, also known as Sweet Basil Essential Oil and derived from the leaves of the Ocimum Basilicum Botanical (Basil herb) offers the following domestic uses and benefits:
- Common uses for Basil Oil include cooking, teas, aromatherapy, and topical applications
- Applied topically or inhaled, Basil Essential Oil potentially offers relief from asthma and respiratory ailments, headaches and migraines, tension and anxiety, depression, fatigue, and mental strain
- It is equally effective in soothing and invigorating tired muscles and relieving aches and pains related to tension and fatigue
- Because Basil Essential Oil contains eugenol, citronella, and linalool, it holds anti-inflammatory properties
- This Oil is also frequently used to treat bowel pain, indigestion, constipation, stomach cramps, and flatulence owing to its carminative properties
- The phytochemicals found in Basil Essential Oil make it highly beneficial for the skin and hair, offering anti-aging properties while actively protecting skin cells and tissues through selective fortification
BusinessWire also reports an increasing demand for both organic and cold-pressed Basil Essential Oil, likely due to its industrial uses. Thanks to its benefits and versatility, these include:
- Pharmaceuticals and Cosmetics
- Food and Beverages
Established in 1983, the Clive Teubes Group has been producing, distributing, and exporting superior quality products to both local and international markets for more than three decades. Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, its offerings include Esters, Essential Oils, Natural Extracts, Citrus Oils, Flavours & Fragrances, Indigenous Oils, Exotic Oils, Special Extracts, and Aromatics. For more information, please request a product brochure from email@example.com or visit www.teubes.com.