Evening Primrose Oil has been the naturalist’s choice for various medical and health applications for eons. The Oil is extracted from the seeds of the Evening Primrose plant (Oenothera Biennis L. or Onagraceae) through cold pressing.
What Makes Evening Primrose Oil So Powerful?
Evening Primrose Oil contains very high levels of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). This omega-6 essential fatty acid holds incredible anti-inflammatory properties, which offer various benefits for the body. For this reason, Evening Primrose Oil is widely used across therapeutic, health, pharmaceutical, supplement, and homeopathic sectors.
The Benefits of Evening Primrose Oil
- It is believed that Evening Primrose Oil is effective in alleviating the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS) such as breast pain, irritability and bloating, and menopause symptoms such as hot flashes
- Thanks to its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, Evening Primrose Oil decreases the effects of arthritis, haemorrhoids, and sore throats
- Evening Primrose Oil is also thought to help bruises heal faster
- The Oil is considered effective in decreasing the symptoms of nerve damage as the result of diabetes
- Evening Primrose Oil, taken in conjunction with calcium and fish oil, is considered helpful in alleviating the bone pain associated with osteoporosis
- It is considered effective in lowering high cholesterol while easing digestive issues, promoting good digestion, and effectively lowering high blood pressure – essentially resulting in good heart health
- For use in skin products or directly on the skin, Evening Primrose Oil is known to rectify conditions like acne, eczema, signs of aging, dehydration
Established in 1983, the Clive Teubes Group has been producing, distributing, and exporting superior quality products to both local and international markets for more than three decades. Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, its offerings include Esters, Essential Oils, Natural Extracts, Citrus Oils, Flavours & Fragrances, Indigenous Oils, Exotic Oils, Special Extracts, and Aromatics. For more information, please request a product brochure from email@example.com or visit www.teubes.com.