NATURAL HAY FEVER REMEDIES; THE POWER OF ESSENTIAL OILS
Every change of season holds its unique challenges, affecting the human body in diverse ways. In spring and early summer, the biggest challenge is undeniably hay fever. The air becomes saturated with pollen from grasses, trees, flowers, and other plants. This pollen can trigger hay fever symptoms like a runny or blocked nose, itchy eyes, sneezing, coughing, and even chest infections.
Fighting Nature with Nature
While there’s nothing that can be done to prevent spring-time allergens from cropping up in the environment, there is a natural solution to hay fever.
It’s time to stock up on these Essential Oils this season:
- Thanks to its antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties, Tea Tree Essential Oil fights inflammation associated with allergic reactions, offering an antihistamine effect.
- Rosemary Essential Oil has been proven to offer relief to asthma suffers, due to its mucolytic properties. These properties also help to ease congestion caused by hay fever.
- Well-known as a natural antihistamine, Lavender Essential Oil offers three distinct benefits; it reduces irritation, decreased inflammation, and effectively relaxes breathing. This Essential Oil also inhibits anxiety and promotes healthy sleep, giving those who suffer from hay fever much needed, good quality rest.
- Lemon Essential Oil is commonly used as an anti-inflammatory agent and is excellent for the respiratory system. Lemon Oil offers improved immunity, has antibacterial properties, and when used as a lemon-based nasal spray can aid in the treatment of allergic rhinitis.
- A recent study also showed that participants who used a blend of Sandalwood, Frankincense, and Ravensara Essential Oils found marked improvement, reducing nasal blockages, drying up and soothing runny and itchy noses, and decreasing sneezing
- The relaxing properties of Peppermint Essential Oil help to soothe tight chests and muscle spasms related to coughing, while relieving the symptoms of seasonal allergies.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil is a strong decongestant offering effective relief from nasal congestion and asthma. Studies also show that it aids in treating infections of the upper respiratory tract, reducing coughs, hoarseness, easing sore throats.
Established in 1983, the Clive Teubes Group has been producing, distributing, and exporting superior quality products to both local and international markets for more than three decades. Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, its offerings include: Esters, Essential Oils, Natural Extracts, Citrus Oils, Flavours & Fragrances, Indigenous Oils, Exotic Oils, Special Extracts, and Aromatics. For more information, please request a product brochure from email@example.com or visit www.teubes.com.