Camphor Essential Oil is well known by all, even if you didn’t know it by its name, for its medicinal properties. Due to its many benefits in aiding in relieving health ailments, this essential oil is very commonly used as an ingredient in products such as Vicks VapoRub. The components of Camphor Essential oil are alcohol, borneol, pinene, camphene, camphor, terpene, and safrole. We’ve outlined some of its most popular uses and benefits below:
- Camphor Oil can be used topically to reduce pain and relieve skin irritation and irregularities, such as cold sores and warts. It is also effective in reducing itching. Camphor Oil can also be used preventatively to reduce the chances of skin infections.
- It is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, and as a result it is effective in treating infections and swelling. It can also be used in the treatment of minor burns – however it should not be applied to open wounds.
- As is implied by its use in VapoRub, Camphor Essential Oil can assist in opening airways by relieving congestion associated with colds and flus. This is done through the application of the oil externally by rubbing it into the chest and/or back and not by ingesting it.
- Its cooling properties help to relieve the symptoms of heat irritation and/or fever, as well as making it a calming property for those experiencing symptoms of stress, emotional exhaustion and/or anxiety.
- A drop or two of Camphor Essential Oil can be added to your bath to relieve muscle tension, disinfect your skin and soothe your mind.
Established in 1983, the Clive Teubes Group has been producing, distributing and exporting superior quality products to both local and international markets for more than three decades. Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, its offerings include: Essential Oils, Natural Extracts, Citrus Oils, Flavours & Fragrances, Indigenous Oils, Exotic Oils, Special Extracts, and Aromatics. For more information please request a product brochure from email@example.com or visit www.teubes.com.