PINE OIL: A POWERFUL SOLVENT FOR INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
Pine Oil is a popular solvent across the globe for gums, resins, and other substances, proving effective in industrial applications. The Oil can be extracted from the pitch-soaked wood or needles of the pine tree (Pinus Sylvestris) using the steam distillation process. It has all the properties of pine trees, delivering a strong, woodsy, and somewhat dry scent. Synthetic Pine Oil is produced by converting terpene hydrocarbons into terpene alcohols.
This Oil is considered a strong solvent, offering anti-inflammatory, cleansing, and antiseptic properties.
Pine Oil in Industry
In the cleaning sector:
- Pine Oil is considered an effective disinfectant and is commonly used in industrial floor and furniture cleaners
- For this reason, it is often used in the food industry, particularly for its germicidal properties
- In medical institutions, it is also effective in disinfecting areas and surfaces, excepting germs that result in spore related illnesses
In the mining sector:
- Pine Oil is largely used during the froth flotation process in mining
- The Oil acts as an effective frother in mineral extraction from ores
- In copper extraction, Pine Oil conditions copper sulfide ores for froth flotation
Pine Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Considered to be destressing, energising, and invigorating, Pine Essential Oil is often used in aromatherapy applications
- Thanks to its germicidal properties and natural scent, Pine Essential Oil is often added to home cleaning products and air fresheners
- The Oil can be used to sooth minor burns and scratches, and is considered good for the immune system when taken medically
Established in 1983, the Clive Teubes Group has been producing, distributing, and exporting superior quality products to both local and international markets for more than three decades. Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, its offerings include Esters, Essential Oils, Natural Extracts, Citrus Oils, Flavours & Fragrances, Indigenous Oils, Exotic Oils, Special Extracts, and Aromatics. For more information, please request a product brochure from firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.teubes.com.