It’s no secret that Citronella Oil is a powerful agent in keeping bugs away. The market holds a host of Citronella based products, from candles to creams, incense burners and more… but how does Citronella Oil repel insects?
How Does Citronella Oil Repel Insects?
Traditionally, Citronella Oil Fragrances were used in Eastern Countries for their ancient medicinal properties. Today, this Oil has proven to offer a wide variety of benefits, including repelling insects, like mosquitoes.
Mosquitoes “track” humans through breath – they are attracted to the carbon dioxide that we breathe out, following our lactic acid scents to home in on their prey. Thankfully, Citronella Oil masks these scents with a fragrance that naturally repels mosquitoes.
The Oil’s fragrance also successfully deters spiders, flies, leeches, bees, and bed bugs (among others).
Other Common Benefits of Citronella Oil
In addition to repelling insects, Citronella Essential Oil – which is produced through the distillation of the Asian grass plant in the Cymbopogon genus – also offers a variety of other powerful benefits:
- Citronella Oil Fragrances is widely used in cleaning products, thanks to its antifungal and antibacterial properties
- These properties also make it effective in treating wounds and parasitic infections
- This Oil is also commonly used in toiletries such as perfumes, soaps, and creams
- As a natural relaxant, Citronella Oil is proven to have a calming effect on dogs
- Citronella Oil contains Geranyl Acetate, a natural organic compound which is commonly used as a food additive and flavouring agent, an odour agent in air-care products, in laundry and dishwashing products; and to enhance household cleaning products
Established in 1983, the Clive Teubes Group has been producing, distributing, and exporting superior quality products to both local and international markets for more than three decades. Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, its offerings include: Esters, Essential Oils, Natural Extracts, Citrus Oils, Flavours & Fragrances, Indigenous Oils, Exotic Oils, Special Extracts, and Aromatics. For more information, please request a product brochure from firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.teubes.com.