CITRUS MARKET OVERVIEW AND PREDICTIONS FOR 2021
The onset of the Covid-19 Pandemic has reportedly seen a sharp increase in the sale of Citrus. Market forecasts predict that this rise is expected to continue exponentially throughout 2021.
Citrus Market Reported Statistics:
According to the United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) latest report, the South African Citrus Market’s expected growth in demand and exportation will be primarily focused on soft citrus, new orange varieties, limes, and lemons.
- The soft citrus exportation rate is expected to increase by nine percent while soft citrus sales hold an expected increase of six percent.
- Lemon production is reported to increase by a predicted two percent.
- Lemon exports are forecast to increase by ten percent in response to increased demands from Asian and Middle Eastern Markets.
- Orange production is predicted to have a three percent increase.
- Orange exports are expected to rise by two percent.
- Grapefruit production will predictively see an increase of one percent.
- Grapefruit exportation will reportedly increase by an estimated two percent.
According to EMR, the Global Citrus Oil Market is expected to grow by six percent between 2021 and 2026.
This growth has been attributed to:
- The belief that citrus is beneficial in strengthening the immune system.
- The growing popularity of using citrus oil as a flavouring agent.
- The growing demand for natural products and ingredients.
Overall, the citrus market is expected to see a continued record-breaking rise in production, consumption, and exportation over the next five years.
Established in 1983, the Clive Teubes Group has been producing, distributing, and exporting superior quality products to both local and international markets for more than three decades. Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, its offerings include: Esters, Essential Oils, Natural Extracts, Citrus Oils, Flavours & Fragrances, Indigenous Oils, Exotic Oils, Special Extracts, and Aromatics. For more information please request a product brochure from email@example.com or visit www.teubes.com.