Steam distilled from the leaves of Pelargonium graveolens (native to South Africa) Geranium Oil has long since been considered a powerful healing agent, a pleasant flavourant, and a unique sweet-smelling fragrance.
Geranium Oil in Pharmaceuticals
For centuries, Geranium Essential Oil has been used to treat health conditions. With its astringent, antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties, it is reported to offer a host of medical benefits, including:
- Geranium Oil is considered to enhance mental wellbeing and relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- It eases the symptoms of skin conditions like acne, dermatitis, and inflammation of the skin while slowing down the aging process
- Applied topically to the skin, Geranium Essential Oil is known to relieve nerve pain, for example, in the case of shingles
- It decreases swelling and oedema, having a soothing effect on the skin and increasing circulation
- Thanks to its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, Geranium Oil is effective in wound care and fighting infections from various bacterial strains
- Healthline notes that, “according to researchers, geranium essential oil might have benefits for people with neurodegenerative diseases that include neuroinflammation”
Flavour & Fragrance Applications of Geranium Oil
In the Flavour Sector:
- Geranium Oil is often used to imbue foods with its hints of lemon, ginger, rose and strawberry flavours
- It offers a floral note for food applications and is frequently used in baking, to flavour drinks, and in jellies
In the Fragrances Sector:
- Geranium Oil is commonly used in cosmetics, perfumes, and aromatherapy thanks to its sweet, uplifting, and floral scent
Established in 1983, the Clive Teubes Group has been producing, distributing, and exporting superior quality products to both local and international markets for more than three decades. Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, its offerings include Esters, Essential Oils, Natural Extracts, Citrus Oils, Flavours & Fragrances, Indigenous Oils, Exotic Oils, Special Extracts, and Aromatics. For more information, please request a product brochure from email@example.com or visit www.teubes.com.