THE POWERFUL SOLVENT PROPERTIES OF DIPENTENE
Known as a powerful, green solvent, Dipentene has excellent wetting and dispersing properties. This terpene liquid is most commonly used in industrial applications such as adhesives and coatings but is also safe for use in flavours and fragrances, and pharmaceuticals.
What is Dipentene?
Dipentene is found in various volatile oils such as cardamon, mace, nutmeg, and turpentine oil. It has a long shelf life and offers outstanding solubility. Mainly composed of Terpene hydrocarbons, Dipentene is a by-product of the production of Terpineoil or Camphene and is widely considered a low-cost, high-quality substitute for D-Limonene.
The Uses and Benefits of Dipentene
With its pine, lime like aroma, Dipentene is considered refreshing in flavours and fragrances. It delivers herbal, citrus, aromatic, flavours that hold hints of pine, mint, and wood and are often described as being tropical. Dipentene has excellent perfumery and flavouring properties, and is often used in:
- Soap, a variety of toiletries, and air freshener
- Hair colour
- Household cleaning products
- Food flavourant
From an industrial perspective, Dipentene’s effective solvent properties make it ideal for applications in:
- Resins, alkyds, enamels, lacquers, paints, and varnish
- Rubber processing and reclaiming
- Industrial cleaning and deodorising products including waxes and polishes, offering germicidal, fungicidal, and insecticidal properties
- Deoderisers, re-odorants, and masking agents
- Oil extraction
- Degreaser (particularly for metals) and defoamer
- Some applications in the pharmaceutical sector
Established in 1983, the Clive Teubes Group has been producing, distributing, and exporting superior quality products to both local and international markets for more than three decades. Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, its offerings include Esters, Essential Oils, Natural Extracts, Citrus Oils, Flavours & Fragrances, Indigenous Oils, Exotic Oils, Special Extracts, and Aromatics. For more information, please request a product brochure from firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.teubes.com.