CALMING CANDLES; THE SCENT OF TRANQUILITY
Whether during the holidays, or amid a busy year, candles can have an incredibly calming effect when imbued with the right essential oils. While there are many essential oils that can be used in this application, Teubes’ Research and Development Technologist, Singita Hlungwani recommends three key oils for use in candles, due to their pleasant fragrances and beneficial chemical components.
Teubes’ Top Three Picks for Use in Calming Candles
- Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender Essential Oil gives candles a beautifully floral fragrance, owing to its origin, being the Lavender flower. This is an extremely popular choice, making it one of the most used oils in candles today.
This Essential Oil offers various benefits which are experienced when a Lavender Scented candle is lit. These include:
- Promoting relaxation and good sleep, even in infants
- Calming properties aiding in reducing anxiety and depression
- Antifungal, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties which aid in the treatment of fungal infections and eczema
- Lavender Essential Oil is also effective in minimising allergies, nausea, and menstrual cramps
- Vanilla Essential Oil
The deliciously sweet Vanilla Essential Oil gives the home or office a warm, inviting aroma. It is a natural appetite suppressant, and the British Medical Journal has noted its stimulant properties. Lighting a vanilla candle can also:
- Boost the libido
- Decrease the symptoms of pre-menstrual stress
- Lift the mood, acting as a natural antidepressant
- Vanilla Essential Oil also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and is known to aid in fighting infections
- Cinnamon Essential Oil
If you’re craving the scent of Christmas all year round, burning a Cinnamon Essential Oil Candle will take you back to the holidays. It offers a nice, spicy fragrance that is relaxing and calming, while also:
- Acting as a natural heart-health booster
- Easing headaches
- Promoting focus and decreasing mental fatigue, while increasing memory capacity
- Cinnamon Essential Oil is known to possess anticancer, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, and antimicrobial properties
Established in 1983, the Clive Teubes Group has been producing, distributing, and exporting superior quality products to both local and international markets for more than three decades. Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, its offerings include Esters, Essential Oils, Natural Extracts, Citrus Oils, Flavours & Fragrances, Indigenous Oils, Exotic Oils, Special Extracts, and Aromatics. For more information, please request a product brochure from firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.teubes.com.